Clear Lake Chamber Ensemble (or CLCE) and the Bay Area Youth Symphony are partnering to sponsor a summer chamber music festival. This 5-day camp of intensive chamber music study will be a unique opportunity for young string players to further their skills, both as soloists and orchestral players. Mr. Brandon Cornett, CLCE Artistic Director, will be your Festival Coordinator. Ensemble coaches will consist of area orchestra directors and private string teachers.
Each day of the festival, students will be given time to rehearse on their own as a group and time to learn from one of the professional coaches. Music will be selected by the Festival Coordinator prior to the start of the festival and will be emailed to students approximately two weeks before the first day. Rehearsals will not only focus on learning the assigned repertoire, but also skills specific to chamber music study. The first day of the festival will include a faculty recital performed by all festival coaches. Every other day will include a masterclass where groups will be able to perform for each other and get feedback from their coaches and colleagues. The festival will conclude with two recitals where students will have the opportunity to perform their assigned repertoire for family and friends.
- Individual registrants and pre-formed groups are encouraged to apply as early as possible during the enrollment period as spots are offered on a first-come first-served basis.
- Students must submit a visual recording when registering so that we can easily match you with an appropriate, yet challenging, ensemble. The recording must include one scale and a solo of your choice. The visual recording should not be longer than 10 minutes total. Have this recording ready to upload to YouTube, Vimeo, or other destination before you begin the registration form. You will attach this link in your registration form. Please make sure the link is unlisted and accessible.
- To register for the festival, please fill out the form below. You will be prompted to pay your registration fee of $165 after you submit the form. This payment must be received in order to secure your spot in the festival. This fee covers all five days of intense, high quality ensemble instruction from multiple coaches (and performances), facility rental costs, printed sheet music, and one festival tee-shirt for each student.
- Each student will provide their own sack lunch each day of the festival.
- Students will be supervised at all times by coaches.
- Carpooling available within the registration form.
- General Festival Questions? Contact Brandon Cornett, Festival Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- General BAYS Questions? Contact Karen Dinardis, Administrative Assistant, at email@example.com. Phone: 501-819-BAYS(2297)
Special Bonus: All camp attendees wishing to join the Bay Area Youth Symphony for the 2018-2019 season will have their $30 BAYS application/audition fee waived! Students will be placed in the appropriate ensemble pending conductor approval and provided the student is a member of their school orchestra program for the 2018-2019 school year when such a program exists. Click HERE to view BAYS guidelines and requirements for membership.
Multiple Child Discount: The full camp fee of $165 is due in full for each student at the time of registration. The sibling discounts are provided in the form of a check refund on the last day of the festival as follows:
- 2 siblings: $25 check refund
- 3 siblings: $50 check refund
- 4 siblings: $100 check refund
NOTE: The camp registration fee is refundable only until Tuesday, May 1, 2018.
Do you have a friend who might be interested in the camp? Send them an email via the following form which will automatically include a link to this page:
The following registration form will accept 64 registrations. If you receive a message that the maximum number has been met, please click here to register to be placed on a waiting list in the event of any cancellations that will make space available for you.